The Start and Finish are located at the H.W. Lewis Ranch Airstrip. There's no physical address for the location, use (Google PIN) here. We recommend arriving 30 minutes prior to your race starting.
H.W. Lewis Ranch, Leakey, TX (Google PIN)
* Important Property Info - This is private property. Please do not visit the property outside of our scheduled event. When arriving, please do not roam the property outside designated areas (i.e. race course, start/finish area, and air strip). *
Pre-Race - Friday (optional)
Early Packet Pickup - 4-5PM at Start/Finish Area.
Christian Church and Sermon - 5:15PM at Start/Finish Area.
Race Day - Saturday at Start/Finish Area.
* bring $10 cash the day of to pay for your parking pass upon arrival*
Packet Pickup - 6:30-8 AM
50K- Start time 7:30 AM
26M & 32K- Start time 7:45 AM
13M - Start time 8:00 AM
10K Runners - Start time 8:15 AM
10K Ruck - Start time 8:30 AM
Race Cutoff - 5:30 PM (10 hours total to complete race)
On Saturday, we will need volunteers to man the aid station to help runners get through this race, volunteer here!
This is the first year of Frio Trail Runs! This race takes place on the HW Lewis Ranch following along 6.6-mile scenic loops.
- Surface: Rugged & rocky with some dirt and grass ATV trails
- Course: HW Lewis Ranch Private Trails
- Elevation: 673ft of climbing and descending for each LOOP
- Location: HW Lewis Ranch Airstrip (Google PIN)
- Weather: Historically 37-58 degree weather.
COURSE MAP LINK CLICK HERE
53K - Five Loops
53K runners will run a total of 33 miles running five 6.6 mile loops. The elevation gain is 3365ft of climbing and descending. Aid station will be available every 6.6 miles throughout the race.
26.4M Marathon - Four Loops
Marathon runners will run four 6.6-mile loops. The elevation gain is 2692ft of climbing and descending. Aid station will be available every 6.6 miles throughout the race.
32K - Three Loops
32K runners will run a total of 19.8 miles running three 6.6 mile loops. The elevation gain is 2019ft of climbing and descending. Aid station will be available every 6.6 miles throughout the race.
13.2M Half Marathon - Two Loops
Half Marathon runners will run two 6.6-mile loops. The elevation gain is 1346ft of climbing and descending. Aid station will be available every 6.6 miles throughout the race.
10K - One Loop
10K runners will run a total of 6.6 miles running one loop. The elevation gain is 673ft of climbing and descending. The aid station will be available at the finish line.
10K RUCK - One Loop
10K RUCK will ruck a total of 6.6 miles along one loop. The minimum ruck weight is 25lbs - ruck weights will be checked. The elevation gain is 673ft of climbing and descending. The aid station will be available at the finish line.
There's one large climb on this course. It's a 6-8ft wide washed-out gravel road with a steep descent to it's left and a ditch on the right. The sides are marked with caution/orange tape. Do not go outside the tape or off the left or right of the road.
The course will be marked with orange signs and ties. Orange signs with arrows will be used to show which way to run and ties will let you know you're going the right way.
Main Aid Station (MILE 0 & 6.6 per loop):
The aid station will be manned by a few volunteers and will have water, naked-flavored Tailwind (electrolytes), sodas, hot/cold foods, and hot cocoa.
- Frio Trail Runs soft cotton long sleeve
- Finisher Medals for all run finishers
- Unique Finisher Medal for 50K finishers
- Unique Token for 10K RUCK finishers
- 1st Place awards for all distances M & F
- DFL "Dead Freakin' Last" awards for all distances
- Aid Station Food & Hydration
- Fully Marked Course
- Friendly & Encouraging Race Staff/Volunteers
- Hot Cocoa at Finish Line
What You Get
H.W. Lewis Ranch has multiple lodging and camping options:
Cabin/RV Campground Fri-Sun:
The ranch offers a campground with a bed cabin at $150 a night, a bathhouse, and RV hookups at $50 a night (water/electric).
- TO RESERVE: Email email@example.com
Tent Camping Airstrip Fri-Sun:
There are camping spots available right next to the start/finish on the airstrip for TENT & CAR campers only at $20 a night. There will be porta-potties near the airstrip. (no water/electric).
- TO RESERVE: Click Here or add at registration checkout